- Wheeler racked up another big offensive night clobbering Pope 59-20, breaking away in the third quarter to move to 2-0 on the season. Elijah Staley threw for two touchdowns and ran for two more for the Wildcats, who had 44 points in their season opener. The Greyhounds (0-2) gave up 63 points last week to Marietta.
- Backup QB Russ Aarons started for Lassiter, which led Sprayberry only 14-7 at halftime. But the Trojans exploded in the second half to win 41-23. Aarons threw for two touchdowns and ran for three scores for Lassiter (1-1). Sprayberry is 0-3.
- Kell generated a lot of its offense from its defense, picking off three Woodstock passes and returning them for touchdowns in a 41-21 win. Julian Burruss had two touchdown catches for the Longhorns (2-0), ranked No. 5 in Class 5A.
- Walker spread the wealth on offense and allowed only a touchdown on the opening kickoff to down North Cobb Christian 42-7. The Wolverines also put up three touchdowns in the third quarter in improving to 2-0.
- Wheeler finally has a home game, playing host to Langston Hughes (1-1) on Friday.
- Walton, which was off, is looking for its first win, and also plays at home for the first time on Friday. But the Raiders (0-2) have a formidable opponent in North Cobb (1-0), ranked No. 5 in Class 6A.
- Pope travels to Etowah, which is 20.
- Sprayberry is at home to Forsyth Central, which also is winless at 0-2.
- And in another rivalry game, Kell plays host to Lassiter, in what figures to be another shootout in East Cobb.