1. Cobb schools calendar deadline is Thursday: Parents can express their preferences with this online survey until 1 p.m. Thursday. The Cobb Board of Education will be considering proposed changes to the 2001-12 and 2012-13 school year dates at its Thursday night meeting. The survey is limited to one response per computer.
2. Thursday school board agenda: In addition to the calendar issue, scheduled business includes the awarding of contracts for renovations to a number of schools, including , and Murdock elementary schools in East Cobb.
3. Sanderson receives PTA award: Outgoing Cobb Superintendent Fred Sanderson was given the National PTA's Life Achievement Award on Feb. 8 by Abby Shiffman, co-president of the East Cobb County Council of PTAs.
4. Tritt ES partners recognized: At the Jan. 25 Tritt PTA meeting the school's Partners in Education were recognized and officially signed their Declaration of Partnership. Included were (Woodlawn Square), Kid Chess, , McDonald's (Johnson Ferry/Shallowford), SportClips (Johnson Ferry/Shallowford) and the . Others include Iron Clutch Fitness, Kroger and Zaxby's.
5. Wheeler cheerleading fund drive continues: Online donations are still being accepted to help the Wheeler cheerleaders raise operating funds. The group's former treasurer is facing charges that she stole more than $27,000, the total of the yearly budget.