1. You couldn’t ask for a nicer day than what awaits us today. It will be sunny with a comfortable high of 85 degrees and a breeze blowing 5 to 10 mph and gusting to 20 mph, the National Weather Service says. The overnight low will be about 64 with a continuing breeze.
2. It’s almost as if Mother Nature knows today is and is trying to make it feel more like fall. (For the record, the high Aug. 1, the original first day of school in Cobb County, was 91.) Keep your eyes out for school buses, children at bus stops, children walking and long lines of cars at all the schools around East Cobb. That’s especially true starting about 7:45 a.m. along Holt Road, where new traffic patterns for cars at and schools because of the Wheeler trailers are bound to cause confusion. Also, parents, remember that bus riders may bring water bottles and drink on board to stay hydrated.
3. As part of the excitement surrounding the start of school, Paper Mill Village is playing host to from 5 to 8 p.m. at the shopping center at Johnson Ferry and Paper Mill roads. Food trucks will be there, and the shops will stay open late.
4. For a photographic education, head to the Cobb Photographic Society’s regular from 7 to 9 p.m. Tonight’s meeting, the last for four weeks because of Labor Day, will feature Gary Poole, a professional photographer since 1977 and the creator of online editing site yourbestcolor.com.
5. In case you missed it Saturday, Waffle House’s two-week nightmare could be over. after a robbery at a Waffle House in Alabama are believed to be responsible for 18 other recent robberies at the home of smothered, covered hash browns, including .