The area of Paper Mill Road around the bridge had been closed to traffic for five months until last Friday, and intermittent road closures remained in effect this past week as bridge and roadway approaches were completed.
For the first time since late May, there are no work crews in the area.
But there's other road work going in East Cobb this weekend and next week. The following information was updated Friday by the office of District 2 Cobb Commissioner Bob Ott:
Lower Roswell Road Construction
The contractor is planning to work Saturday, Nov. 2, performing wall construction. Contractor is not planning to work Sunday, Nov. 3.
- Davidson Road to Willow Point Parkway – Monday, Nov. 4, through Friday, Nov. 8. This section of Lower Roswell Road is substantially complete. Contractor is working on punch list.
- Willow Point Parkway to Timber Ridge Road – Monday, Nov. 4, through Friday, Nov. 8. Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. between Willow Point Parkway and Timber Ridge Road with one lane remaining open. Traffic has been shifted to a 3-way stop at the intersection of Lower Roswell Road and Timber Ridge Road. Contractor will continue wall construction, concrete work and grading for the new roundabout. Utility companies continue to relocate services. EXPECT DELAYS
Roswell Road (SR120) Construction - GDOT
Providence Road to Robinson Road – This GDOT project will require periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one lane remaining open in each direction at all times. EXPECT DELAYS
North Marietta Parkway @ I-75 Bridges - GDOT
Road closure on N. Marietta Parkway between Wallace Road and Cobb Parkway from 11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1, to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 4. This GDOT project is to replace the concrete slabs under the I-75 overpass and will include the closure of both I-75 ramps.
Asphalt paving operations are scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 2, and Monday, Nov. 4, through Friday, Nov. 8 on the following roads: EXPECT DELAYS
- Sewell Mill Road from Roswell Road to Johnson Ferry Road
- Powers Road from Woodlawn Drive to Johnson Ferry Road
- Indian Hills Subdivision between Indian Hills Parkway, Fairfield Drive and Lower Roswell Road.