Paper Mill Road Bridge Replacement
Paper Mill Road Bridge at Sope Creek is closed through Oct. 25.
The new bridge will include a six foot sidewalk on the south side, providing access to National Park Service trails. A signed detour route will be provided during construction.
Now that school is in session expect extended delays on Lower Roswell Road (Detour Route). Plan for alternate routes during these hours. See attached map.
Paper Mill Road at Sope Creek – through Friday, Oct. 4
The contractor will continue work on the bridge deck and water line installation. Utilities will be relocating services.
Lower Roswell Road Construction
Contractor is not planning to work this weekend – Sept. 28 and 29
- Davidson Road to Willow Point Parkway – Monday, Sept. 30 through Friday, Oct. 4. This section of Lower Roswell Road is substantially complete. Contractor is working on punch list.
- Willow Point Parkway to Timber Ridge Road – Monday, Sept. 30 through Friday, Oct. 4. Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. between Willow Point Parkway and Timber Ridge Road with one lane remaining open. The contractor will continue grading, wall construction, placing concrete and work at roundabout. Utility relocations should not affect your service. EXPECT DELAYS
Old Sewell Road Sidewalks Construction
The contractor is not planning to work this weekend, Sept. 28-29.
- Holt Road to Old Canton Road - Monday, Sept. 30 through Friday, Oct. 4. Contractor will continue wall construction and installing water main. Utilities will be relocating services.
Asphalt paving operations - which include lane closures though one lane will remain open at all times - are **scheduled next week, (Monday, Sept. 30 through Friday, Oct. 4), on the following road: EXPECT DELAYS
• Kurtz Road from Bells Ferry Road to Canton Road
** The above scheduled work is subject to change due to weather or construction progress.
Mowing schedule for upcoming week*
• East Piedmont Road
• Sandy Plains Road
• Bells Ferry Road
Shoulder mowing crew will move to District 3.
* The above scheduled work is subject to change due to weather or construction progress.
Construction update from GDOT - road work on SR 120
Providence Road to Robinson Road – Periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one lane remaining open in each direction at all times. EXPECT DELAYS