The groundbreaking for the new Sope Creek Bridge over Paper Mill Road is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25.
Until then, motorists are encouraged, as they have been since the bridge closed in late May, to use Lower Roswell, Johnson Ferry and Old Canton roads as detours.
Asphalt paving operations will take place Monday, Oct. 7, through Friday, Oct. 11 on Sewell Mill Road from Roswell Road to Johnson Ferry Road. Lane closures will occur, however one lane will remain open at all times. EXPECT DELAYS.Also this week, resurfacing will take place on the following roads:
- Bells Ferry Road from Cobb Parkway to Interstate-575 Bridge
- Kurtz Road from Bells Ferry Road to Canton Road
(The above scheduled work is subject to change due to weather or construction progress.)
Lower Roswell Road Construction
- Davidson Road to Willow Point Parkway – Monday, Oct. 7, through Friday, Oct. 11. This section of Lower Roswell Road is substantially complete. Contractor is working on punch list.
- Willow Point Parkway to Timber Ridge Road – Monday, Oct. 7, through Friday, Oct. 11. Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. between Willow Point Parkway and Timber Ridge Road with one lane remaining open. Contractor will begin asphalt paving operations on the east end of the project from Willow Point Parkway to Timber Ridge Road. They will also shift traffic at the roundabout to begin installing concrete curb and apron. EXPECT DELAYS DUE TO ASPHALT PAVING.
Shallowford Road Sidewalk Construction
- Tanbark Place to Blackwell Road - Monday, Oct. 7 through Friday, Oct. 11. Contractor will continue installing storm drainage and placing concrete curb and sidewalk.
Old Sewell Road Sidewalks Construction
- Holt Road to Old Canton Road - Monday, Oct. 7 through Friday, Oct. 11. Contractor will continue wall construction and installing water main. Utilities will be relocating services.
Roswell Road (SR 120) construction-GDOT
Providence Road to Robinson Road – Periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one lane remaining open in each direction at all times. EXPECT DELAYS