The hearing begins at 9 a.m. in the second floor BOC room, 100 Cherokee Street, Marietta. A full agenda of the cases to be heard is attached as a PDF.
The Planning Commission makes recommendations on zoning cases to the Cobb Board of Commissioners, which will make final decisions on Oct. 15.
Among the East Cobb-related cases to be heard Tuesday are the following:
- A request by Richard Duncan to rezone 1.9 acres on Wesley Chapel Road, across from Loch Highland Parkway, from R-30 to R-15 for a subdivision. Staff Recommendation: Deletion of R-15 in favor of R-20, a lower density category;
- A request by David and Kay Clark to rezone 7.4 acres on Oak Forest Circle, northeast of Oak Forest Drive and north of Johnson Ferry Road, from R-20 to R-15 for a subdivision. Staff Recommendation: Approval;
- A request by Thomas Homes & Communities LLC to rezone 16.83 acres on the west side of East Piedmont Road, north of Fairport Way and at Pinkney Drive, from R-20 to residential senior living for a 57-unit independent living complex. Staff recommendation: Approval with several conditions, including reducing the number of units to 2.5 per acre;
- A request by Brooks Chadwick Capital LLC to rezone four acres on the south side of Lassiter Road and west of Laureate Court, from R-30 to RA-5 for 10 single-family residential units. Staff recommendation: Deleting recquest to RA-5 in favor of R-15, allowing eight units, with other conditions;
- A request by AT & T by Providence Real Estate Consulting to expand a special land use permit at an existing tower site on a private easement on Groover Road, south of Allgood Road. Plans call for the addition of ground equipment. Staff recommendation: Approval, with no increase in the height of the 150-foot tower.
For more details of each of the above cases, visit the Cobb Zoning Analysis page.