1. The central Cobb voter registration office is the location for early voting in the Cobb Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax referendum that began on Monday.
Citizens may cast votes in person of the March 15 referendum Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday, March 11. The central voting office is located at 736 Whitlock Avenue, Suite 400, near downtown Marietta.
2. If you want some more information or wish to hear opposing sides in the SPLOST debate, the League of Women Voters of Marietta-Cobb is holding the only public forum on the issue Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Cobb Board of Commissioners meeting room, 100 Cherokee St., 2nd floor, downtown Marietta.
The forum will be shown live on Cobb's public access TV23 station.
3. Also on Wednesday, Cobb transportation director Faye DiMassimo will speak about county transportation projects, including those on the SPLOST list, at the monthly meeting of the East Cobb Civic Association.
The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at the East Marietta Library, 2051 Lower Roswell Road.
4. If you're interested in tracking the progress of the current SPLOST passed in 2005, here's the latest updated information from the Cobb CIP website. Transportation-specific updates can be found here.
5. The final brochure, booklet, program map and other information about what's on the referendum can be found on the Cobb SPLOST 2011 site.