has lost its anchor tenant, but business has been thriving in recent weeks with the opening of several new shops and a restaurant.
The Roswell Road center is still seeking a new occupant for the space once held by Borders, the retail book chain that went out of business last fall.
There's also room for another restaurant in the space formerly occupied by Johnny Rockets.
But most of the rest of the available smaller space has been taken up recently by a host of new entries to the East Cobb shopping scene:
- Bravura, a bridal and prom shop;
- Versona accessories, featuring women's fashion and jewelry;
- Famous Footwear, which held its grand opening in March;
- Origins, a natural skin care specialist;
- PeachMac, an authorized Apple electronics dealer;
- Cheeky Mexican Taqueria.
In addition, at The Avenue recently underwent a major renovation.
On May 5, the Taste of East Cobb will return to The Avenue, its original location.
But about that old Borders store: What would you like to see move in there? If you're a book lover, could you envision another book retailer giving it a try? Let us know in the comments.