Arts Sandy Springs kicked off its 30-day celebration of art, music, theater and food with a party at Motorcars of Georgia. The festive Bows ArtSS Bash was held in midst of Lamborghinis and Aston Martins with food, wine, artwork and a silent auction.
Art Sandy Springs is a non-profit is dedicated to the varied arts in Sandy Springs.
Here’s a snapshot of upcoming Sandy Springs events. Click here for a full schedule.
- Joe Gransden and his 16-piece big band at . 8:30 and 10 p.m. April 16 and May 7. [And remember you never know who you will see at Cafe 290. Last month stopped in to see Gransden's show.]
- Show Stoppers presented by showcases young performers in a talent show. 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. shows. $10-$25 at Church of the Redeemer. For information visit www.act3productions.org
- Franklin Pond Chamber Music features four members of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: Jun-Ching Lin on the violin, Carolyn Hancock on the violin, Paul Murphy on the viola and Daniel Laufer on the cello. 7:30-8:30 p.m., April 22. Free. For information call 404-252-3479, or e-mail email@example.com
- Art in the Park. Children can make flowers from recycled soda cans, paint banners, decorate rain barrels and more at Morgan Falls Overlook Park. 1-4 p.m., April 22. Hosted by Sandy Springs Beautiful, Sandy Springs Conservancy and Leadership Sandy Springs. For ages 5-12. Free. Reservations required. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theatre To Go presents "Schemers." Two one act comedies featuring guys misbehaving. Mischief brews in the first play as the fellows get together for their mahjong game. In the other, a golfer is found dead on the golf course of a prestigious country club. 7:30-8:30 p.m., April 24. Free, but contributions requested Northwest Unitarian Universalist Church. For information call 404-256-3310, or e-mail email@example.com
- "Steel Magnolias" at Act 3 Productions. The acclaimed story is centered on women in a small Louisiana town. April 27-May 6. Visit www.act3productions.org for showtimes. $10-$18.
- . Artists from the Atlanta Jewish community will be featured exhibiting and selling multi-media paintings, pottery, jewelry, fabric art, upscale crafts and Judaic. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., April 29. Free. B'nai Torah Synagogue. For information call 404-257-0537, or visit www.bnaitorah.org
- Ellen Kierr Stein art exhibit and reception with mixed media and contemporary paintings by the artist. 7-8:30 p.m., May 4 at .