5. Make something special for Dad: Home Depot is offering an extra kid’s built-it workshop this month in honor of Father’s day. Drop by your favorite Home Depot between 9am-12pm to build a mini Tool Box. Michaels is also offering another “Make It & Take It” craft for Dad on Saturday from 10am-12pm…make a special keychain for him and he will be sure not to misplace his keys anymore. Make a wallet for dad at Lakeshore Learning during their craft session from 11am-3pm. All three sessions are free and no registration required…but these will be popular so be sure to get there at the beginning of the session so they don’t run out of supplies!
4. Go to the mall! At Town Center Mall this Saturday they are hosting a Simon Kidgits Summer Safe & Fit Event for families from 1-3pm. Learn about safety and staying fit this summer! Interactive and educational stations offer a hands-on way for kids and parents to learn together. Find the event on the Upper Level JC Penney Wing. It’s the last weekend to get a thrill at so after the Kidgit event, head outside to the outer JC Penney Parking for some old-fashioned fun! Open Saturday and Sunday 1-11pm. TIP: Arm bands are discounted ($12) on Saturday from 1-4pm – price goes up to $18 after 4!
3. Celebrate Summer! The Chattahoochee Nature Center is celebrating Summer Solstice on Saturday beginning at 10am! Pack your picnic & sunscreen because it’s a full day of fun. In addition to regular programming, take a special tour with nature stories and tales of ancient civilizations at 10:30am and listen to live music at 3pm. These 2 activities along with the regular programs are included with admission. At noon, there are Traditional Instrument Crafting Workshops where ages 8 and up can choose one of 3 instruments of the early people to make! Cost is $35 for general public, $30 for CNC Members and you must pre-register so call 770-992-2055 ext 237 today! The day will end with a special drum circle at 6pm. Bring your djembe, bongos or other rhythmic instrument and perform for the moon (spectators welcome too)! Cost $5
2. Beat the heat indoors! Sparkles Kennesaw offers a special session geared towards kids 8 & under during “Kids Fun Skate” Saturdays from 10:30am-1pm. Skate to kid friendly music and dance with Sparky the Bear, their mascot! $8 admission $3.50 skate rental. The Picture Show at Merchant's Exchange (4400 Roswell Rd, Marietta) is showing family friendly flicks: Hop, Rango & Mars Needs Moms 3D are showing this weekend. Check www.movies.com for times! Tickets are only $1.75 each. Barnes & Noble at Town Center Prado (50 Barrett Pkwy, Marietta) has a special Father' Day Story Time Saturday morning at 11am. They will be reading "I Love My Daddy" and kids can make a special Father's Day craft afterwards. Kids 6 and up will learn all about our flag at The Southern Museum's Make It & Take It "Create A Flag" workshop from 10-11:30am Saturday. No registration required and it's included with admission. It's Scout's Day at Marietta Museum of History. Scouts and their leaders (in uniform) get in free from 11am-3pm Saturday. Enjoy crafts, living history actors, some snacks and visit their exhibit: A Century of Adventures: Scouting in Cobb County!
1. Spend the day with Dad! Dads get free admission on Sunday to the Atlanta Zoo and can get a free ticket to Cinderella Della Circus at The Center for Puppetry Arts to shows Saturday & Sunday (must call ahead to reserve ticket: Call 404.873.3391 and mention this deal from their Facebook page). ½ price admission for Dads at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for their Father’s Day celebration Sunday from 1pm-4pm. Test Dad’s super hero powers during Fernbank’s Super Hero Day from 12pm-4pm. Challenge Dad to a game of bowling, his game is FREE from Brunswick Bowling Centers Saturday & Saturday! Take Dad to Menchie’s at The Avenues of East Cobb (4475 Roswell Rd, Marietta) and he can get 20% of his treat, then to the FREE at East Cobb Park from 1pm-8pm where local East Cobb Bands will perform.