Five fun, cheap things to do this weekend with your kids! Click on the highlighted links to find out more.
1. Kids Karate on Saturday at 10:00am at the Ben Robertson Center. Kennesaw Parks & Recreation is celebrating Parks & Recreation Month by offering a calendar full of FREE Drop-In classes for kids & adults at the community center and their parks. Click HERE to get the calendar and try something new this month!
2. Send Dad to your neighborhood Home Depot with the kids to build a Moving Truck Saturday morning while you relax (HA- yeah right! Catch up on laundry, dishes, paperwork, vacuum, mop, change sheets…) Kids workshop is from 9am-12pm...drop-in anytime but give yourself plenty of time to finish the project. Our experience with these FREE fun workshops – the later you go, the more crowded.
3. Head to the mountains and make tasty treats that your backyard birds will love. Red Top Mountain in Cartersville is hosting a kid’s Pine Cone Birdfeeder Workshop from 3pm-4pm on Saturday. Meet at the park office. The cost for the workshop is $1 (plus $5 State Park Parking fee). Make a day of it and enjoy a hike on one of their trails before or after the workshop.
4. B at the Movies is at East Cobb Park Saturday for Movie Night! Bring the family out for Rio. Music by B98.5 begins at 7:30, movie starts at dusk. Event is FREE but Friends for the East Cobb Park will host a concession stand to benefit the park. Arrive early for a picnic & beat the crowds!
5. Insect Field Day for ages 7+ at the Chattahoochee Nature Center on Sunday from 10:30am-11:30am. Observe and identify insects you collect in nets and learn why these small creatures are vital to our world. Stick around for a guided trail hike at 1pm. Both activities are included with admission: $8 for adults, $5 for kids ages 3-12, 2 and under FREE.
Follow Cobb Tots & Kids on Facebook to find the fun!