1. Dec. 6, 7:30 p.m.. Symphony on the Square’s 3rd Annual Holiday Concert: Come out to hear light classical, pops and sounds of the season music performed by a local orchestra.
The concert is at First Baptist Church of Marietta, open to the public and free of charge. Visit symphonyonthesquare.org for more information.
2. Santa’s Workshop will be open to visitors Dec. 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23. Be sure to have your picture taken with Santa.
Hours: Saturdays: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Sundays: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Christmas Eve: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
3. The Safe Path's Annual Community Holiday Open House takes place on Dec. 7 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at 736 Whitlock Ave. The event will include an awards ceremony recognizing individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to preventing child abuse and neglect in our community. Call 770-801-3465 for more information.
4. The 12th Annual Sleighbells on the Square 5K is Dec. 8, 8:30 a.m. to noon, on Marietta Square. All proceeds will benefit Cobb County's Bar Children Emergency Fund.
5. The Atlanta Lyric Theatre will present “White Christmas” on Dec. 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 and 22 at 8 p.m. and Dec. 9, 16, 22 and 23 at 2 p.m. at the Strand Theatre. Music and Lyric by Irving Berlin, Libretto by David Ives and Paul Blake. Based on the beloved Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye film, this merry musical tells the tale of two famous song-and-dance men who stage a show in a scenic, snow-topped Vermont inn and end up finding love with two singing sisters under the mistletoe.
6. At Santa's Art Studio on Dec. 8 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., students create seasonal artwork while getting exposure to creative art teachers, different ideas, processes and art mediums. The even takes place at the Art Place Mountain View.
7. The Cobb Christmas Distribution at Jim Miller Park takes place Dec. 14 through Dec. 16.
8. The Sanders Family Christmas at the Strand Theatre will run Thursday through Sunday, Dec. 27-30, 2012. The holiday show has the sunny-voiced Sanders Family back just before the beginning of World War II. They're quirky, saintly and delightfully melodic as they interpret everybody's favorite bluegrass gospel music.
9. The Jagged Stones NYE Concert , a Rolling Stones tribute band, will be presented Monday, Dec. 31 at 9 p.m. at the Strand Theatre.