1. Rain is likely today, the National Weather Service says, with an 80 percent chance of showers, including thunderstorms after 2 p.m. The high will be about 74. More rain is likely tonight, when the low will be around 65. There’s a good chance of rain each day through Friday.
2. Although we can use the rain, this is an unfortunate day for it because it’s Election Day in part of East Cobb. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the special election to fill the 43rd District seat of state , who died in July. East Cobb Patch will have reports during the day and results and reaction tonight. Let us know how you’re voting in the poll below.
3. Looking ahead to an election next year, the in July, the Atlanta Regional Roundtable is holding a public forum for Cobb County residents today from 5 to 7 p.m. at the at 100 Cherokee St. off Marietta Square. Patch will provide coverage of the meeting, or you can watch it on Cobb County’s Channel 23.
4. That forum will be in the same boardroom where the county will hold zoning hearings at 9 a.m. East Cobb items on the agenda are the renewal of Temple Kol Emeth’s land-use permit for the preschool the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta runs at the synagogue and Donald Nix’s rezoning application to allow light auto repairs at a site on Freeman Road east of Johnson Ferry Road.
5. Weather permitting, it’s a softball day in high school sports. visits at 5:30 p.m., and visits at 5:55 p.m. Also in high school activities, it’s Freshman Parent Night at Walton High School. The 6:30 p.m. meeting aims to get ninth-graders on track for graduation and college admission from the start.