Do you plan your own Mother's Day? It's really OK to speak up and tell your family what you want to do - It's YOUR day after all! To help you decide what you might like to do this weekend, we are asking ... What kind of mother are you?
A New Mommy
- Atlanta Baby & Child Expo is THE premier party for expectant moms and new parents in Atlanta offering great giveaways of baby gear, relaxing mommy pampering, maternity fashion show, baby gear runway, and Cravings Corner! Saturday at the Fox Theater from 11am-3pm. Tickets are $20-$40 - get them online or at the door!
- Enjoy spring at historic Roswell's Town Square and browse Colors Festival of Arts in Roswell on Saturday & Sunday from 10am-6pm each day. You might just find the perfect Mother's Day gift for yourself.
- Bring your kids to East Cobb Lakeshore Learning for their FREE craft workshop on Saturday from 11am-3pm to make a meaningful Handprint Keepsake or let your kids design a special t-shirt or apron for you at your favorite Michael's location during their Make-it & Take-It Workshop Saturday 10am-12pm. (You must purchase t-shirt or apron, Michael's will supply the rest!). Stick around Michael's and from 12pm-2pm kids can make a special Mother's Day button for you to wear on Sunday - this Make-It & Take-It is FREE.
- Second Sunday Funday at the High Museum is celebrating Moms from 1pm-4pm Sunday. Design a street-art tote bag inspired by the KAWS: DOWN TIME exhibition and create a golf-tee flower bouquet! Early bird moms also have a chance to win a special treat from Spa Sydell. The first 200 mothers that visit the Museum will get a $20 Spa Sydell Spa Card. Activities are included with admission.
- Tour 7 gardens during Cobb County Master Gardeners' "Through the Garden Gate Tour" on Saturday from 10am-5pm. Tickets are available online in advance ($10) or on the day of at The Garden Party ($15). Don't want to go on the tour? That's ok! Stop by the Garden Party and Plant Sale from 10am-4pm at Chestnut Ridge Christian Church and browse booths of yard art, bird houses & feeders, sculptures, plants for sale, demos from Master Gardeners and more.
- Go hiking at Kennesaw Mountain or the Chattahoochee Nature Center has guided trail hikes on Saturday & Sunday at 1pm & then enjoy Creature Feature at 2pm either day!
- Picnic at East Cobb Park during Sunday Funday from 4-7pm. Enjoy live music, the playground & just relaxing on your picnic blanket!
- The Atlanta Zoo is going "apes" for moms! FREE admission for mom's with the purchase of a child's ticket on Mother's Day.
- Have your family skip the breakfast-in-bed routine and take you to the Mother's Day Brunch at the Georgia Aquarium by The Wolfgang Puck catering Team! Go online for more info and to purchase tickets.
- Take a tasty "Edible Lesson" on Sunday from 10 am – 5pm at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and enjoy Garden Chef Demos from noon-2pm:
- Make Memories with Mom at the American Girl Store at Northpoint Mall. Share an extra-special day with your daughter! You’ll enjoy a delicious meal and one-on-one time together. Includes an American Girl book, a commemorative photo and frame, and keepsakes to take home as a reminder of the memories made during your day together. For girls ages 6 and up. Tickets: $35 per person call for reservations: 877-247-5223
- Put on your finest and bring a favorite doll or teddy bear in for an afternoon of refreshments, stories and more at the Mother’s Day Doll Tea Party on May 12th at 3pm & 4pm at Pottery Barn Kids at Northpoint Mall or Lenox Mall. FREE but Go online to RSVP
- Have fun in someone else's kitchen during the Cooking with Mom Workshop at Young Chefs Academy in Marietta at 3pm, Saturday. $40 for mom & child, call 770-427-2665 to reserve spots.
- Browse the Marietta Farmers Market on Saturday from 9am-12pm and Sunday from 12-3pm. After you pick your produce from local growers enjoy lunch or a snack on the Marietta Square and then the choo-choo playground.
- FREE admission with food donations to benefit the Fulton Food Bank during the "Mothers Helping Others" Mother's Day Open Houses in Roswell. Tours of Barrington Hall, Bulloch Hall, and Smith Plantation from 1pm-3pm Sunday begins at Barrington Hall.
- Find bargains on just about anything and everything at Good Mews Spring Flea Market on Saturday & Sunday in the East Lake Shopping Center (near Aldi’s) at 2145 Roswell Road, Suite 40, Marietta. All proceeds benefit Good Mews Animal Foundation, a local non-profit organization which operates a volunteer-based no-kill shelter for homeless, abused, and abandoned cats.
- Enjoy an afternoon of beautiful music with your family…maybe these young musicians will inspire your little ones! Catch the Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra & Chorus performing on Saturday & Sunday at the Dr. Bobbie Bailey Performance Center at Kennesaw State University. Tickets are $5, go online for performances & ticket info. The Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra Spring Concert at 3pm on Sunday at Atlanta Symphony Hall. Tickets are $10, go online for tickets.
- Encore Encore Ballet Troupe will present "Lion and the Mouse” at Mountain View Library on Saturday at 3pm. This program is for all ages and is FREE!
- Share you love of books at Barnes and Noble Town Center Prado during “Where is My Mommy” FREE Storytime at 11am. Meet everyone's favorite Big Red Dog, Clifford, at the Barnes & Noble location at The Avenues at West Cobb location Saturday morning at 11am. Bring your camera!
- Build a "Picture Frame Planter" at area Lowe’s Build & Grow Workshop on Saturday at 10am. It's FREE but you have to register online so you are guaranteed a project kit.
Looking for something else to do? Follow us to find the fun!