Here are my picks for your weekend family fun!
1. If your little people love BIG wheels and things that go, don’t miss Tellus Science Museum’s “Heavy Metal in Motion” on Saturday from 10am-5pm. Visitors will see - and get in - unique vehicles, including classic cars, a drag racer, and a helicopter. To see the complete list of the “heavy metal” that’s going to be there, click HERE! Kids will have plenty of fun with the demonstrations and hands-on activities, including train rides, making engineer hats, handmade hovercraft races, a bounce house, and more. Included with admission so get there early to enjoy the whole museum while you are there!
2. Story-Book-Art Program on Saturday at Sassy Sitter on Shallowford Rd! Bring your children ages 2+ for some fun together with art and the story "Dr. Pompo's Nose" at 10:30am. FREE but please register by calling 678-478-3002 because space is limited.
3. Get crafty on Saturday! Kids can build a "Monster Machine" to create funny Halloween monster combinations at you favorite Lowe’s location during their FREE Build & Grow Workshop at 10am. It’s best to pre-register online to reserve your kit but it’s not required. At Michaels craft stores they have a “Crazy Pumpkin” Make-It & Take-It Store Event from 1pm-3pm. Purchase the craft pumpkin for about $5 and the other supplies will be supplied to decorate your pumpkin! At Lakeshore Learning, kids can design their own “Art Portfolio” on Saturday to keep their projects organized and safe. It’s a FREE workshop from 11am-3pm at the East Cobb location.
4. The Chattahoochee Nature Center is calling all fairy house builders to the Fairy House Fairy Market at the on Sunday the 9th from 1-2 p.m. Come out to the Fairy Market to find the best in natural building supplies for your fairy house. Bring a natural object to trade and earn fairy coins that you can use in the market. Then build your own Fairy House in the Fairy House Village. Activity is included with admission so pack snacks and make a day of it!
5. There is quite a bit of fun going on at the Cobb Libraries this Saturday! At 11am on Saturday drop by the East Cobb Library for "Hola, Amigos", a bilingual storytime & craft at 11am for all ages. For ages 10-99, the Chess Club meets at 1pm at the Mountain View Library. Learn some new moves and practice with new friends. Bring a chess set if you have one and please call 770-509-2725 to register. There is a Halloween Film Festival showing "Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" at West Cobb Regional Library Saturday at 3:30pm. To find more to do at the Libraries, click HERE!
Follow me at Cobb Tots & Kids and I’ll help you find the fun!