East Cobb Council PTA Scholarship Deadline Approaching
Students interested receiving one of six $1,000 grants need to apply by Feb. 25.
The deadline for applying for a Margie Hatfield Scholarship given by the East Cobb County Council PTA is fast approaching.
High school students from all six high schools in the East Cobb area -- Kell, Lassiter, Pope, Sprayberry, Walton and Wheeler -- need to apply by Feb. 25.
A student from each of the schools will receive $1,000 toward their college educations.
The East Cobb County Council PTA created the Margie Hatfield Scholarship Fund to honor the dedication and years of service given by Mrs. Hatfield to the youth of the Council PTA. She is a Past President of the organization who served three consecutive terms. It is with this service in mind that the Council PTA sponsors the scholarship program.
This fund is to help deserving youth in their quest for higher knowledge. A great emphasis will be placed on the service records and citizenship of the winning applicants, as this embodies the philosophy of the PTA.
The following is a list of criteria used in screening applicants:
- 1. Service-oriented projects, community involvement, and extra-curricular activities (40 points)
- 2. Leadership, honors, and awards (20 points)
- 3. Essay (15 points)
- 4. References (10 points)
- 5. Following instructions (5 points)
- 6. Grade point average (10 points)
Important facts to know:
- Any graduating high school senior enrolling in a full-time course of study at any institute of higher learning may apply.
- These funds must be used for continuing education.
- There is no limit to the number of students from each school that may apply.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than February 25, 2013. Winners will be notified by March 31, 2013.
- Winners will be honored at the April 18, 2013 General Meeting of the East Cobb County Council
- PTA. The meeting will be held at Sprayberry High School and parents are invited to attend.
- Applications must be typewritten or printed legibly using blue or black ink and the guidelines followed exactly. Resumes should not be attached. Choose standard fonts. Do not write/type on the back of the application.
- Applicants who do not adhere to the outlined specifications will be disqualified.
- Include one personal reference (not related to you) and one reference from your school and a sealed transcript.
Mail your completed application by February 25th to:
Mrs. Irene M. Barton
3684 High Green Dr
Marietta, GA 30068
Please contact ECCC PTA Scholarship Chair Irene Barton at 678-778-4596 or email@example.com if you have any questions.