The Cobb Police Department checked 12 East Cobb restaurants for underage alcohol compliance last week, and all but three passed the test.
The department's Permits and Regulatory Services Unit sent underage volunteers to establishments on Johnson Ferry Road last Thursday.
The following restaurants passed the check:
- Chin Chin, 617 Johnson Ferry
- Ted's Montana Grill, 640 Johnson Ferry
- Moe's Southwest Grill, 688 Johnson Ferry
- Mellow Mushroom, 736 Johnson Ferry
- Café De Paris, 1100 Johnson Ferry
- Red Sky Tapas & Bar, 1255 Johnson Ferry
- Mirko Pasta, 1281 Johnson Ferry
- Marlow's Tavern, 1311 Johnson Ferry
- Suburban Tap, 1318 Johnson Ferry
The following restaurants were cited for serving alcohol to underage volunteers:
- Tijuana Joe's Cantina, 690 Johnson Ferry
- Fuji Hana Steak & Sushi, 1255 Johnson Ferry
- Aurelio's Pizza, 1255 Johnson Ferry
Tijuana Joe's also was cited for allowing an unpermitted employee to serve alcohol.
Sgt. Bonnie Smith of the Permits and Regulatory Services Unit said that cited businesses will receive a formal notice to appear at a hearing of the Cobb Business License Review Board.
That panel recommends any punishments, including the possible suspension or revocation of an alcohol serving permit, to the Cobb Board of Commissioners, which makes the final decision.
In addition, individual servers cited for underage sales are charged with misdemeanors.